Monday, August 2, 2010

HOPELESSLY ADDICTED

I don't know why, but I am addicted to the MTV reality show '16 and Pregnant' and have been since the first series. I also watch 'From Here to Maternity' (for those of you outside of NZ and Aussie, it's a reality show that follows pregnant couples to parenthood) and I KNOW it probably isn't healthy to watch so many shows portraying what I want so desperately but don't have (especially when watching immature teenagers give birth to babies they have no time for in amongst there partying and constant drama) but it doesn't upset me. Instead I just watch in eager anticipation and perhaps shed a tear or two when the baby is born and just hope that one day that woman will be me. I ENJOY watching these programmes and wonder if there is something wrong with me that I do. Does anyone else watch these programmes or is it just me and my tendency to torture myself? The key thing is though, that I don't watch them and think 'That'll never be me' and get all depressed. Instead I watch them excitedly and think about what it will be like when it's my turn. So in that way I guess it's ok. 

Another thing I have become addicted to is the Twilight Saga - heaven forbid! I wasn't interested in these teen movies and books in the slightest! The whole idea of vampires and werewolves didn't appeal to me . . . and then I had the first one lent to me by a friend. Since then I have watched all the movies and started on the books! It's a great escape and I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I have been sucked in by it all. But, it IS great mind numbing romance and drama and just what I need to take my mind off everything right now (and it hasn't escaped my notice that Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner are hot!) And yes, I do realise that they are alot younger than I am and I am no longer a teenager myself. But you can't say you haven't noticed!

4 comments:

  1. You're not the only one, I too love watching 'baby' shows, especially the ones on the Discovery Home and Health channel. They don't upset me, either, but I usually do get a little teary just seeing everyone so happy with their little bundles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch the 16 and pregnant along with the show "I didn't know I was pregnant" and "A Baby Story". I just seem to love that for some reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch them from time to time - I user to watch a whole bunch of them - but that was when I thought it was going to be easy. Now, watching those shows feels a bit silly - so I don't. But - they never really make me upset, they just don't seem like as much fun to get sucked in to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in with you Haidee with the twilight saga :) My husband and I started reading the books when we were travelling around europe (yep he's into them too:)it makes me laugh how emo it all is but it's a great distraction :)

    I like to watch anything to do with babies & pregnancy too so your not alone at all :)

    ReplyDelete

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK