Tuesday, September 28, 2010

FEELING FLAT

I had acupuncture today and now I'm feeling pretty flat and a wee bit down. I thought I was in a  much better position this time around healthwise but apparently my energy levels are at zilch. And energy is required to make healthy eggs. But where does that leave me when my tiredness and lack of energy isn't due to anything I can control and is actually down to the fact that I can't sleep without dreaming? Last night I spent all night in my dreams running away from a gunman out to kill me. What for I don't know, but needless to say I was pretty darn tired when I woke up! And the daylight savings changes doesn't help things either.

In better news, the nurse rang me to tell me my BT results were perfect and I'm now down regulated and I am to start my puregon on Thursday night. Actually the words she used were 'You are to start your tiny dosage of 75iu on Thursday night'. Talk about reiterating it! I KNOW it is a tiny dosage and every nurse at the clinic I come into contact with is quick to remind me of that fact which just adds to my paranoia that I am going to jab myself and nothing is going to happen. Especially since my 'energy' levels are zilch.

Here come the nerves!!

7 comments:

  1. glad to hear that your BW is perfect! that's a great sign. and i know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about your energy levels...it's understandable that you might be feeling a bit down -- you're going through a life-changing event..and there's a lot of invisible pressure. i'm sending some positive energy and some good luck vibes your way!

    b :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl! I hate when I come home from acupuncture feeling tired! I usually am rejuvenated! Thinking of you this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying reading your blog. Like you, I am currently undergoing my third round of IVF trying to conceive our first baby. I have had 2 BFP's previously but both resulted in an early loss.
    The feeling flat goes along with the fact that you have down regulated successfully. You're feeling flat because the meds have messed your body up - just like they are supposed to! So take it as a positive sign that things are going well. Be kind to yourself - rest when you need to, exercise when you are able, and just go with the flow, (Yes, I know, easier said than done!)
    In relation to your earlier post about mind-body connection - I think that at this stage there is not a lot we can do to change the outcome. We like to feel in control, but other than choosing a good Dr and having the correct protocol I'm not sure if we can control much else. With that said, the whole process is easier to cope with if we are feeling relaxed and positive about life in general. This time round my strategy is to just 'let it go'. We'll see how I go with that as things progress - generally my emotions are up and down like a yo-yo!
    All the best - sending you loads of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh a regular AF takes the wind out of my sails. I can only imagine what a drug induced AF feels like. I think at this stage in your cycle it is good for you to be feeling low as that is normal and your body is gearing up for producing lots of eggs. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo for people making you feel like something's wrong with you this cycle! Keep your excitement and your positivity... and screw them ;) My fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is ok to have an off day, don't be too hard on yourself. Try to take each day on its own and stay positive. Hooray for perfect bw and starting your stims, even if it is a small dose. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best for your upcoming IVF! I hope this time all will be well and that you get a healthy baby out of it!

    ICLW # 105

    ReplyDelete

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK