Monday, September 20, 2010

I NEED A DREAM CATCHER!

I haven't tried to knock my husband out with any pots or throw hot pasta at him in the last few days so we are making progress! The down reg drugs are making me feel soooo tired though. I find this part of the cycle can leave you feeling really lethargic and the dregs of this cold that just won't go away is doing my head in. BUT luckily I am still as happy and upbeat as usual (except when my pasta falls in the sink!) 

I don't think it helps that I am dreaming vividly every single night and therefore waking up feeling like I haven't slept. They're mostly weird random dreams but also scattered with nightmares that leave me waking up drenched in sweat with my heart pounding and quickly followed by the intense relief of realising it was just a dream. My acupuncturist has explained to me that it's just a combination of all the drugs in my system that are making me dream so much, but I couldn't tell you the last nights sleep I've had where I didn't dream and it's getting pretty exhausting. Has anyone else had constant crazy dreams while doing IVF?

2 comments:

  1. All the IVF meds made me have crazy dreams. I hate waking up after a full nights sleep feeling exhausted. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fresh IVF cycle is really exhausting - my guess is that your brain is so busy worrying about everything during the day that it keeps up the habit during the night. But I don't know how to stop worrying about everything either, so I don't have any tips for you. Hope you can get some decent shut-eye soon.

    ReplyDelete

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK