Monday, January 10, 2011

BACK FROM HOLIDAY!

Sorry if you've been wondering where I've got to! I really meant to pop on and mention the fact I was off on holiday and wouldn't have access to a computer for 5 days but I never got around to it (typical!) and since I now have quite a few emails in my Inbox asking if I'm ok I thought I'd better jump on and let you know that YES, I'm fine! I went to New Plymouth (which is 5 hours up the North Island from Wellington for those overseas) to visit family and spend some time with my Nana. Had a fabulous time and came back loaded with the most lovely gifts from my Nana for the baby. Bubs is being spoilt! She made us a gorgeous teddy bear cot duvet, a knitted patchwork quilt, a crochet blanket, another knitted patchwork quilt with a piece of material attached to the back with puppies on it and about 6 pairs of booties! She is also making some cardies and matching hats so we are very, very spoilt and I appreciate her time and effort so much! Our baby is due the middle of winter so all the woolen goodies are going to be absolutely wonderful to keep baby nice and cosy and warm! And look gorgeous too of course!

It was also nice to spend some time with the HG who upon getting home has immediately gone out on the boat fishing! Men! I think holiday's are about the only time I get to spend some quality time with him! The morning sickness had pretty much disappeared again and gave me no trouble while I was away . . . until I came home. Within 3 hours of eating lunch at home I vomited it all up. Absolutely gutted as at 15 weeks today (woohoo!) I thought that it may have been over by now. Nevermind. I have been eating really healthy and filling myself up with veges and fruit (thanks Nana!) and plan to carry on eating this way. I've felt quite guilty about my poor diet throughout this pregnancy, like I was letting myself and my baby down after all the trouble it took us to get here, but I just have to remind myself that it's because I simply couldn't keep the good foods down. Now I can and I plan to make up for it in a big way! I have also had another belly burst and the bump has grown so will make sure to take another photo very soon and get that up for you.

Phew! So that's what I've been up to! We have another midwife appointment on Friday, I'm back to work on Thursday and we will have another scan and find out babies sex in about 5 weeks! So exciting. If you haven't already, make sure you pop over and have a guess on my thread 'The Guessing Game' as to whether you think it will be a boy or girl, date, time and weight. 

Lovely to be back and I apologise that I haven't been around to read all your blogs and comment as much as usual, will be catching up on those as well! Promise!



3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great holiday love!Aw your nana is awesome!I love love love handmade and knitted baby clothes, your bubba's going to be super snug this winter!Hope your midwife appointment goes well :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful holiday with your family! You'll have to post us some pics of the blankets and booties. :) It's so good you and baby are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Your nana sounds absolutely devine, what a gorgeous woman. You can tell that she is looking forward to being a great-nana. looking forward to your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK